Applying for Grants
Winter/Spring 2024 – KFW is offering two grants: Art Meets Activism (AMA) and Radical, Timely, and Urgent.
- The AMA grant is open to new applicants and experienced KFW grantees.
- The Radical, Timely, and Urgent grant is open to experienced KFW grantees who have been awarded at least two KFW grants.
- Applications for both grants are due Monday, February 26 at 5 pm ET/4 pm CT.
- Late applications are not accepted.
More information about our Artist Enrichment grant will be available in the summer of 2024.
Subscribe to our newsletter, the Hot Flash, to see the latest news on our grants, opportunities for artists, and more.
To see the kinds of projects KFW grantees are doing, check out the Art Meets Activism and Artist Enrichment pages and click on any of the tabs labeled with a year.
We provide valuable insights about how to apply for a KFW grant at our workshops. You will also have a chance to meet like-minded artists and spend time in peer-to-peer conversations about art and activism.
Grant workshops for the Artist Enrichment (AE) grant will be announced in summer 2024.
Who may apply for KFW grants?
- Individual artists and organizations who are engaging in arts-based activities may apply. Applicants must be residents of Kentucky.
- KFW is committed to making grants accessible to all, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, education level, economic condition, or geographic origin.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
Because KFW focuses on supporting the creation of art by feminists in Kentucky, KFW does not fund:
- non-art related expenses (i.e., overdue bills, taxes, etc.)
- work conducted by artists or organizations that have not resided in Kentucky for at least one year at the time of application
- activities that do not focus on improving the lives of Kentucky’s women, girls, trans, and gender nonconforming people.
The following are the grant criteria reviewers use to evaluate Art Meets Activism (AMA) applications:
- The application and art sample
- show high artistic quality and a clear ability to lead others in participatory art making
- offer a concrete plan aligned with KFW’s mission to promote positive social change by supporting varied feminist expression in the arts.
- The proposed activities
- directly benefit women, girls, trans, and gender nonconforming people in Kentucky
- are clearly outlined and can be completed during the grant year
- demonstrate a way to measure and evaluate impact.
- The submitted budget shows the applicant’s ability to manage grant funds.
Criteria for the Artist Enrichment (AE) grant will be available in July 2024.
When considering applications of equal merit, the KFW Board of Directors has asked reviewers to give priority to underrepresented demographic populations and first time applicants (applicants who have not received KFW funding).
Art Meets Activism Grant:
- Applications Available: Typically sometime in February
- Application Deadline: Typically last Monday in February
- Notification Sent: Beginning of June
- Checks Sent: Early July
- Final Reports Due: July of the following year
Artist Enrichment Grant:
- Applications Available: Typically sometime in August
- Application Deadline: Typically last Monday in August
- Notification Sent: Beginning of December
- Checks Sent: Early-Mid January
- Final Reports Due: January of the following year
error: Content is protected !!